Dancing is just discovery, discovery, discovery. – Martha Graham
DANCE SCHOOL YEAR
The school year is divided into 2 terms. Each term consists of 14 weeks of dance lessons.
The first term runs from September to December .
The second term runs from January to May.
A public recital is held at the end of the second term.
Class sizes are kept small to ensure one on one instruction as required.
The cost of a costume for the Year End Recital is included in the tuition fee.
Kinderdance $175.00+HST per term (Includes a complimentary tutu.)
1 class/week $210.00+HST per term
2 classes/week $415.00+HST per term
3 classes/week $600.00+HST per term
4 classes/week $775.00+HST per term
Payment is due the first week of classes in one of several ways:
A. Payment in full, with 4% discount, dated up to September 15th of the calendar dance year.
B. Semi-annual payments, dated September 1st and January 1st.
C. Monthly post-dated cheques (8 in total), dated the 1st of each month beginning September and ending April. A $25.00 surcharge will apply for this option.
- Payment of fees can be made by Cash, Cheque, Debit, Visa or MasterCard.
- Overdue accounts are subject to interest charges of 3% per month—minimum charge $2.50.
- A service charge of $45.00 applies to all cheques returned NSF.
- Registration will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment is limited.
- No refunds after the 3rd week of classes, unless accompanied by a medical certificate. All refund requests must be submitted in written form.
- A non-refundable administration fee of $25.00 applies to all refunds.
- The right is reserved to alter the class schedule or substitute teachers without notice or refund.
- All dance fees are subject to 13% HST. Registration #114231988
- Individuals are asked to avoid bringing nuts and foods containing nuts and/or any type of fish to the dance studio.
- Any concerns should be brought to the attention of the Artistic Director by appointment.
- Dance attire, show tickets, pictures and related items are the responsibility of the student and/or parents. It is not compulsory to take part in all activities of the studio. Letters requesting permission of involvement will be distributed for events as required.
Proper Attire for Dance Class
Parents please do not buy any supplies until having confirmed with the teacher what is needed!
Ballet shoes-Pink Canvas “Sansha” -and- Tap shoes-Black Patent “Bloch”
Hair-pulled back in ponytail or bun, off face
White fitted T-shirt
Black Lycra Pants/Shorts
Ballet shoes-black canvas “Sansha”-and- Tap shoes-Black Patent “Bloch”
Bodysuit—Short sleeved, Tank or Camisole
Ballet shoes—Pink Canvas split-sole “Sansha”
Hair pulled back in bun, if long enough, if short, pulled back
White fitted T-shirt
Black Lycra Pants/Tights/Shorts
Ballet shoes-black canvas “Sansha”
(GIRLS & BOYS)
Girls: Bodysuit or Sports Tank & Skorts/Shorts Any Colour
Boys: Fitted T-shirt and Shorts or Pants, Any Colour
Girls: Tan Tights (if applicable)
Split-sole Tie-ups: Primary
Slip-on: Junior, Intermediate & Senior
Girls: Tan Oxford “Bloch/Capezio” tap shoes (Pre-Intermediate & up)
Tan Slip-on Velcro buckles “Sansha” (Primary & Junior)
Boys: Black leather Oxford “Bloch/Capezio” tap shoes (All Levels)
Hair-pulled back in ponytail or bun, off face
Girls & Boys: T-Shirt and sweat or lyrca pants
Hip Hop Shoes: 1. Non-skid white cross trainers (Clean Indoor Only)
2. Black “Bloch” Hip Hop dance sneaker
The association is a nonprofit group, organized for the following specific purposes:
1. Arrange and fund raise for local and out-of-town competitions, festivals, public performances, summer school or workshops to increase a student’s appreciation and interest in dance.
2. Carry on other educational programs in order to increase knowledge in dance; and
3. Foster goodwill and sportsmanship, and provide opportunities for self-development in the field of dance.
PERMITTED USES FOR MONIES RAISED: entry fees, workshop fees, travel expenses, costumes, shoes, videos, pictures, private lessons, etc, or others related expenses with the approval of our Artistic Director, Mrs. Laura Pascolo-McRury.
THE NET PROFITS FROM FUNDRAISING VENUES ARE DISPENSED AS FOLLOWS: 5% to the coordinator of the fundraiser, 5% to the treasurer of the IAPAA, 10% to the general expense account and 80% to the individual member (dancer)
CHAIRPERSON/PRESIDENT: The I.A.P.A.A. does not have a formal board set in place. All fundraising endeavors must be approved by Mrs. Laura Pascolo-McRury, owner and Artistic Director of the International Dance Academy.
TREASURER – A volunteer is required to act as Treasurer. This volunteer must be associated with the International Dance Academy either as a parent or faculty member, presently, Serena McRury is our Treasurer.
SECRETARY – A parent volunteer is needed to take notes during our meetings. A copy of the meetings is then handed out (or emailed) to parents and posted on all bulletin boards at the studio, presently, Mrs. Maureen Knudsen is the Secretary.
COORDINATOR OF INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISERS: This position always changes. Parents who bring forth an idea to Laura McRury, director of International Dance Academy, are encouraged to act as the coordinator. One incentive for acting as coordinator is to earn extra funds towards their child’s individual fundraising account, remember 5% of all fundraising profit goes to the coordinator. We welcome new ideas.
Ongoing – Tagging Coordinator: This position is open and we are presently looking for a volunteer.( Tagging Sign Up Sheets can be found 10 days before a schedule tag day, posted on the 3rd bulletin board in hallway leading to Locker Room.)
HOW DO I GET FUNDS RELEASED FROM MY CHILD’S ACCOUNT: Your account balance is confidential, only you and the treasurer (Serena) have your account balance. For this reason, we ask that you purchase and pay for the supplies which you need, then ask for the I.A.P.A.A. Money Release Form, available through the front office of our Studio, fill it out, the director of IDA will sign it, and once the treasurer verifies that your account has sufficient funds then a cheque will be made out to you the parent/guardian; OR email the treasurer (email@example.com) and carbon copy a copy to Laura McRury (firstname.lastname@example.org), it’s that simple.
REGISTERED MEMBERS OF THE I.A.P.A.A.: All students actively registered with the International Dance Academy are members of the International Academy Performing Arts Association. Should a student cease to be registered with the International Dance Academy, their individual fundraising account can be assigned to another active student (deadline for transfer: 1 year). If we do not hear from you within that time frame then your individual fundraising account would be transferred into our general expense account.
Further questions contact:
Serena McRury 622-7333 or 252-5859
Laura Pascolo-McRury 622-7333 or 627-2302